Wednesday, November 7, 2007

5 Moths

This time I know I made the spelling error but I left it because "5 Moths" is a little bit funnier than "5 Months".
Today I was supposed to have 1 month to go, but now I guess it's 7 months to go. Obviously it's still great here or I wouldn't be staying. It's so nice not having to worry about the price of gas, crime, politics, or any of that other bad news that brings you down.

It's supposed to be cooling down here since it's November, today it was in the mid 80's. I was hot in my spray coveralls and the goony birds were panting all day in the sun. This morning I was seeing one bird fly in every 20 minutes or so and by afternoon I was seeing about 20 birds every 5 minutes coming in.

I'm sure you'll get your fill of albatross pictures soon so here's one of my favorite white tern pictures. I like these friendly little birds. In fact, this is the picture I have as my desktop background (a higher resolution one).

1 comment:

Becky said...

Well, here in the Midwest, gas prices are going up, it's getting very cold and crime is definitely something to worry about.

Do you need an assistant?! I'm ready to return to Midway for a while. I'm an accountant, so I could count Goony Birds or weeds!!