Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday

It quit raining today, and I saw a new bird today. It was a black headed gull, which doesn't have a black head by the way (at least with its winter plumage). It was standing in a puddle in a road. I didn't get a picture of it because I didn't have my camera. Our last red tailed tropic bird chick left the plot last week so now we only have to check the albatross plots for a few months.
I've got some more pictures from Eastern Island a couple of weeks ago.

Here's a juvenile frigatebird watching the boat go away after it dropped us off.


Some brown noddies and a masked booby on a cement block.

3 comments:

slune said...

Thanks for the turtoise yesterday, Tom says he'd be scared of it :) D.

Peggy said...

I wrote a bit about the black headed gull on the 15th. What a coincidence!

Pete Leary said...

You're welcome slune. I'm sure Tommy would be scared.
I looked at your pictures of the gull and it looks the same out here. They are pretty rare out here though. That is very coincidental isn't it?