Monday, November 12, 2007

Veteran's Day

We didn't do anything really special for Veteran's Day other than put up a flower wreath at the Memorial. Some of the Thai guys made the wreath and did a beautiful job. I think there are about 10 vets on the island, but we didn't have any ceremony.

I got to watch some football today. It wasn't a great game, but it's something I haven't seen for a while. I also took some time to write an article for the "Friends of Midway" newsletter about the turtle nest that hatched this fall. It wasn't really much more than I already wrote on my blog, but I think it's interesting news. If you want to review that again it was back on Oct. 5th, I think.


Here's the Veteran's Day flowers. The red flowers are Turk's cap, the yellow are hibiscus, and the pink one is a rose.


The wreath is at the left at our Midway Memorial (aka Gooney memorial).

1 comment:

slune said...

I really like the wreath especially taking into consideration that guys made it :) Thank you for the turtoises I envy them the time on the beach :)