Thursday, August 2, 2007

Another Chainsaw Thursday

I did my chainsaw weightloss plan again today and lost another 4 1/2 lbs between 1:00 and 4:30 this afternoon. I weighed mysdelf before and after again, too bad it all comes back when I drink water. We are making good progress on getting rid of the ironwoods on Radar Hill but we still have a long way to go. Of course we jumped off cargo pier afterward just to clean off and relax before dinner.
One thing I hate worse than the wasps around here are the fire ants. At least with the wasps it only hurts bad for a couple minutes. Some fire ants stung me while I was in the banana and papaya patch 2 days ago and their stings are still swollen and itchy. Darn invasive species!
Here's why I told you I don't really like emerald beetles. They are eating the one papaya that is starting to get ripe. I don't have any pictures of the fire ants at the bottom of the tree.
Here's some red-footed boobies hanging out with a great frigate bird on top of an ironwood tree.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

If your fire ants are similar to the Florida fire ants, then I'm very allergic to the bites. Their kind must die!

It's good that you're making progress on the nasty introduced plants. Were they brought on the wind/sea or did some knucklehead bring the plants over on purpose?