Friday, August 31, 2007

Tractor & NOAA ship

Today was one of those busy days where not much gets done. The Sette came and left this morning, the plane came and left this afternoon, so it was busy but not productive.

I got my 500 GB hard drive on the plane today so I can at least make some room on my laptop hard drive. 12,000 pictures with a 10.1 Megapixel camera really takes up a lot of space.


I've also got some news. I'm going back to Honolulu on Sunday. I'll be there until Friday. I have a cracked tooth that has been bothering me for a while and we have 4 planes in 8 days. I have enough sick leave saved up to take the whole week off, but if I work, I'll get to stay for free. So while I'm there I'm going to work on loading up our supply barge and also get heavy equipment training. The guy who just gave my tractor training will train me on the forklift and backhoe in Haleiwa, which is on the North Shore of Oahu. Then I'll be able to do all kinds of work around here.


I haven't decided yet whether or not to take my computer so I might be offline for a week. I'll let you know.



Here's the John Deere tractor that I'm finally allowed to drive.



Here's the Sette pulling in early this morning. They brought us some supplies and took some things back to Honolulu for us. You can see the clouds that rained on us all day behind them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Take the computer so we can keep up with you! Sorry about the tooth.

Peggy said...

I'm sorry about your tooth. Dental pain is awful. Please take your computer. At the very least you can play solitaire when you're bored. :-)